Generator Studio is a Kansas City architecture and interior design firm specializing in sports venues, lifestyle, workplace, non-profit and residential projects with an emphasis on premium hospitality. Our studio has been recognized as a two-time Front Office Sports’ Best Employer in Sports and Kansas City Business Journal’s Champion of Business, among other awards. Whether it’s at the drafting table, the office or a happy hour down the street, we like to think big, have fun and build relationships that shine as brightly as the spaces we create.
What’s cool about this job:
- Work on a variety of high-profile projects. Work on a mix of sports and entertainment facilities, hotels and restaurants, residential, commercial developments and non-profit office spaces. We work with clients like Live Nation, Pacifica Hotels, the Brooklyn Nets, the Kansas City Current and the Minnesota Vikings. It’s high profile and high fun.
- Get real experience while making a real impact. Experience hands-on, senior-level opportunities you won’t get at a corporate firm. Work on all stages of a project, be a part of new business pitches and have direct exposure to clients.
- Be surrounded by the best. Have teammates who are committed to design excellence in an entrepreneurial culture that celebrates individuality and hard work.
- Partake in an unmatched office culture. We place high importance on a positive and socially connected workplace because we know doing so creates a culture of well-being and improves productivity and trust. There’s always something fun happening. Your doggo can come to work, too.
- Work where the action is. Our office is located in the KC Crossroads, surrounded by galleries, shops, restaurants and cultural happenings. Artists and creatives live and work here. We’re also on the streetcar line, making the commute to work free and accessible.
- Be supported. Your entire health insurance premium is paid for by Generator. We also financially support licensure to any of our unlicensed team members. A 401K retirement plan with employer match is offered. We have a structured bonus program in addition to salaried compensation.
As our Project Architect, YOU:
- Coordinate the design process. Work closely with a Project Manager and others to coordinate the design process including interface with the owner, consultants and contractors
- Lead project reviews. Ensure that reviews occur at the designated stages of your projects
- Have a real impact. Contribute to a project, schematic through construction
- Solve Problems. Anticipate and identify problems, and resolve technical issues that arise during the construction process
- Champion good design. Advocate for maintaining a healthy design culture
- Produce documentation. Produce and guide construction documentation that adheres to and advances the design intent and goals of the project
- Work adaptively. Sometimes working independently, other times highly collaboratively with team members
- Lead through delegation. Delegate tasks to junior staff or other team members
This gig is for you if YOU:
- Have some serious design skills. You are fluent in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam and Microsoft Office. Bonus points if you have a working knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp and Lumion.
- Advance mid to large-scale commercial projects from beginning to end. You are able to work independently on architectural projects and have a strong grasp of construction documentation and the ability to guide advancement.
- Multitask and make magic. You work on multiple projects and effectively balance your workload with a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Manage time and relationships. You are confident and have effective interpersonal and time management skills.
- Are (almost) a licensed architect. You completed or are near completion of licensure requirements. You have four or more years of experience and a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture from a NAAB accredited institution.
Send any examples of work you’d like to share along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Legal Stuff:
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Relocation assistance is available from within the U.S.
The employee performing this job must regularly be able to use a telephone, computer keyboard, and mouse, reach with hands and arms, talk, and listen. The employee frequently is required to move about an office environment and sit (often for extended periods), as well as lift and carry objects such as books and files weighing up to 15 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This job relies on teamwork and collaboration as critical components for success, so the ability to communicate effectively with others is required. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Although the job may be performed remotely on occasion (with the pre-approval of the employee’s supervisor), the work done by the person holding this position is expected to be performed regularly at the company’s office as part of the teamwork and collaboration required by this position. Travel and over-nights stays may be intermittent along with attendance to events after hours.
Essential Job Functions:
All the responsibilities, duties, and requirements contained in this job description constitute the essential functions of this job which the successful candidate must be able to perform with or without requested reasonable accommodations.