Generator Studio is a Kansas City architecture and interior design firm specializing in sports venues, lifestyle, workplace, non-profit and residential projects with an emphasis on premium hospitality. Our studio has been recognized as two-time Front Office Sports’ Best Employer in Sports and Kansas City Business Journal’s Champion of Business, among other awards. Whether it’s at the drafting table, the office, or a happy hour down the street, we like to think big, have fun and build relationships that shine as brightly as the spaces we create.
What’s cool about this job:
- Work on a variety of high-profile projects. Work on a mix of sports and entertainment facilities, hotels and restaurants, residential, commercial developments, and non-profit office spaces. We work with clients like Live Nation, Pacifica Hotels, the Brooklyn Nets, the Kansas City Current and the Minnesota Vikings. It’s high profile and high fun.
- Get real experience while making a real impact. Experience hands-on, senior-level opportunities you won’t get at a corporate firm. Work on all stages of a project, be a part of new business pitches and have direct exposure to clients.
- Be surrounded by the best. Have teammates who are committed to design excellence in an entrepreneurial culture that celebrates individuality and hard work.
- Partake in an unmatched office culture. We place high importance on a positive and socially connected workplace because we know doing so creates a culture of well-being and improves productivity and trust. There’s always something fun happening. Your doggo can come to work, too.
- Work where the action is. Our office is located in the KC Crossroads, surrounded by galleries, shops, restaurants and cultural happenings. Artists and creatives live and work here. We’re also on the streetcar line, making the commute to work free and accessible.
- Be supported. Your entire health insurance premium is paid for by Generator. We also financially support licensure to any of our unlicensed team members wanting to become licensed. 401K retirement plan with employer match is offered. Structured bonus program in addition to salaried compensation.
As our Project Designer, YOU:
- Coordinate the design process. Work closely with a Project Manager, Senior Designers and the Director of Interior Design to coordinate the design process including the interface with the owner, consultants and contractors.
- Lead design reviews. Ensure that design reviews occur at the designated stages of your projects
- Manage design concepts. Develop, plan and create design concepts for projects
- Prepare presentations. Prepare presentations, design drawings, and details
- Solve Problems. Anticipate and identify problems and resolve technical issues that arise during the construction process
- Champion good design. Advocate for maintaining a healthy design culture
- Produce documentation. Produce design documentation that aligns with Generator’s design philosophy
- Work adaptively. Sometimes working independently, other times highly collaboratively with team members
This gig is for you if YOU:
- Have some serious design skills. You are fluent in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop and InDesign. Bonus points if you have experience preparing presentation-quality renderings in Lumion and/or Enscape and are familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Like to create and render. You can demonstrate experience preparing design collateral, including presentation plans, sketches, draft 3D views, rendered 2D plans, rendered elevations and sections, rendered site plans and diagrams.
- Design mid to large-scale commercial projects from beginning to end. You implement programs and develop design concepts from pre-design through construction, including collaboration with team members to ensure the design is executed through construction documents and details.
- Multitask and make magic. You work on multiple projects and effectively balance your workload with a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Manage time and relationships. You are confident and have effective interpersonal and time management skills.
- Commit to design excellence. You love the iterative design process and have the ability to conceive and develop multiple design concepts.
- Might be a licensed architect. You don’t have to be, but we can help you become one. You have three or more years of experience and a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture from a NAAB accredited institution.
Send any examples of work you’d like to share along with your resume to email@example.com.
The Legal Stuff:
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Relocation assistance is available from within the U.S.
The employee performing this job must regularly be able to use a telephone, computer keyboard, and mouse, reach with hands and arms, talk, and listen. The employee frequently is required to move about an office environment and sit (often for extended periods), as well as lift and carry objects such as books and files weighing up to 15 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this position is expected to be performed regularly at the company’s office as part of the teamwork and collaboration required by this position. Travel and over-nights stays may be intermittent along with attendance to events after hours.
Essential Job Functions:
All the responsibilities, duties, and requirements contained in this job description constitute the essential functions of this job which the successful candidate must be able to perform with or without requested reasonable accommodations.