Generator Studio is a Kansas City architecture and interior design firm specializing in sports venues, lifestyle, workplace, non-profit and residential projects with an emphasis on premium hospitality. Our studio has been recognized as Front Office Sports’ Best Employer in Sports and Kansas City Business Journal’s Champion of Business, among other awards. Whether it’s at the drafting table, the office, or a happy hour down the street, we like to think big, have fun and build relationships that shine as brightly as the spaces we create.
As a Visualizer, you’ll be the rendering workhorse on multiple high-profile projects with a variety of scale and complexity, working closely with Project Managers and Project Designers/Architects to create renderings for the schematic design and design development phases.
What’s cool about this job:
- Work on a mix of sports and entertainment facilities, hotels and restaurants, residential, commercial developments, and non-profit office spaces.. We work with clients like Live Nation, Pacifica Hotels, the Brooklyn Nets, the Kansas City Current, and the Minnesota Vikings. It’s high profile and high fun.
- You’ll be surrounded by teammates who are committed to design excellence in an entrepreneurial culture that celebrates individuality and hard work.
- We place high importance on a positive and socially connected workplace because we know doing so creates a culture of well-being and improves productivity and trust. There’s always something fun happening. Your doggo can come to work, too, if (s)he’s nice.
- Our office is located in the KC Crossroads, surrounded by galleries, shops, restaurants, and cultural happenings. Artists and creatives live and work here. We’re also on the streetcar line, making the commute to work free and accessible.
- Your entire health insurance premium is paid for by Generator. We also financially support licensure to any of our unlicensed team members wanting to become licensed. 401K retirement plan with employer match is offered.
What a day in the life might look like:
- Working closely with a Project Manager, Project Designers/Architects to create renderings and other visual aids used in client presentations
- Preparing a presentation, design drawings, and details – may include building 3D models
- Anticipating and identifying problems, resolving technical issues that arise during the rendering process
- Championing good design and advocating to maintain a healthy design culture
- Producing design documentation aligned with Generator’s design philosophy
- Sometimes working independently, other times highly collaboratively with team members
This job is for you if you (are/have):
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture from a NAAB accredited institution
- Are authorized to work in the U.S.
- This is an entry-level position that requires no previous professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Confident and effective interpersonal and time management skills
- Fluent in SketchUp, Enscape, Lumion and Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily InDeisgn and Photoshop)
- Working knowledge of Revit
- Demonstrate experience preparing design collateral, including presentation plans, sketches, draft 3D views, rendered 2D plans, rendered elevations and sections, rendered site plans, and diagrams
- Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively balance workload
- A commitment to design excellence
- Excited about the iterative design process and the ability to understand and visually execute multiple design concepts
- Thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit
The employee performing this job must regularly be able to use a telephone, computer keyboard, and mouse, reach with hands and arms, talk, and listen. The employee frequently is required to move about an office environment and sit (often for extended periods), as well as lift and carry objects such as books and files weighing up to 15 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This job relies on teamwork and collaboration as critical components for succeeding, so the ability to communicate effectively with others is required. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Although the job may be performed remotely on occasion (with the pre-approval of the employee’s supervisor), the work done by the person holding this position is expected to be performed regularly at the company’s office as part of the teamwork and collaboration required by this position. Travel and over-nights stays may be intermittent along with attendance to events after hours.
Essential Job Functions:
All the responsibilities, duties, and requirements contained in this job description constitute the essential functions of this job which the successful candidate must be able to perform with or without requested reasonable accommodations.
Generator Studio pays 100% of your health insurance premium.
401K retirement plan with employer match
Include any examples of work you’d like to share along with your resume.
Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com to apply.