Senior Project Designer
The Senior Project Designer is a talented individual who is committed to design excellence, who thrives in an environment of collaboration, and who demonstrates a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate is experienced in leading the design of mid to large-scale projects of varying types. They solve complex programs while working in a deeply collaborative process. They utilize an integrated, comprehensive approach to solve complex programs. They then often continue to coordinate project design approaches through all phases. The candidate works with the project team to prepare presentations and design drawings. This role requires experience in developing design concepts into constructable details.
What a day in the life might look like:
- Day-to-day design lead on projects with a variety of scale and complexity, working closely with the project team to initiate and develop designs from concept through construction
- Manage design leadership on multiple projects
- Ensure that design reviews occur at the designated stages of projects
- Encourage a collaborative approach to design where the entire team is engaged and contributing to the advancement of the design
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design philosophy of our projects and produce design documentation to support that philosophy
- Work closely with the Project Manager, Principal, and Technical Director throughout the project; including interfacing with owners, consultants, and contractors
This job is for you if you (are/have):
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or interior design from a NAAB accredited institution
- 10+ years of experience in a range of architectural design roles
- Licensed Architect preferred
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative team environment
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems and resolve conflicts
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Confident and effective interpersonal and time management skills
- Revit, Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily Photoshop and Indesign) skills required
- Working knowledge of Enscape and Lumion
- Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively balance workload
The employee performing this job must regularly be able to use a telephone, computer keyboard, and mouse, reach with hands and arms, talk, and listen. The employee frequently is required to move about an office environment and sit (often for extended periods), as well as lift and carry objects such as books and files weighing up to 15 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This job relies on teamwork and collaboration as critical components for succeeding, so the ability to communicate effectively with others is required. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Although the job may be performed remotely on occasion (with the pre-approval of the employee’s supervisor), the work done by the person holding this position is expected to be performed regularly at the company’s office as part of the teamwork and collaboration required by this position. Travel and over-nights stays may be intermittent along with attendance to events after hours.
Essential Job Functions
All the responsibilities, duties, and requirements contained in this job description constitute the essential functions of this job which the successful candidate must be able to perform with or without requested reasonable accommodations.
Generator Studio pays 100% of your health insurance premium.
401K retirement plan with employer match is offered.
Relocation assistance is available from within the U.S.
Years of experience: minimum 10 years
Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.