Architectural Staff Level 1 or 2
Generator Studio is a Kansas City architecture and interior design firm specializing in sports venues, lifestyle, workplace, non-profit and residential projects. Our studio has been recognized as Front Office Sports’ Best Employer in Sports and Kansas City Business Journal’s Champion of Business, among other awards. Whether it’s at the drafting table, the office, or a happy hour down the street, we like to think big, have fun and build relationships that shine as brightly as the spaces we create.
We are seeking architectural support staff to join our team and assist on a wide range of project types. The ideal candidate has 2-5 years of experience and is committed to excellence while thriving in a collaborative culture. The ability to work as a member of a team on a variety of tasks including design, modeling, drawing, and documenting is paramount.
What’s cool about this job:
- Work on a mix of sports and entertainment facilities, hotels and restaurants, residential, commercial developments, and non-profit office spaces. We work with clients like Live Nation, Pacifica Hotels, the Brooklyn Nets, the Kansas City Current, and the Minnesota Vikings. It’s high profile and high fun.
- Experience hands-on and senior-level opportunities that you wouldn’t get at a larger firm. Work on all stages of a project from start to finish.
- You’ll be surrounded by teammates who are committed to design excellence in an entrepreneurial culture that celebrates individuality and hard work.
- We place high importance on a positive and socially connected workplace because we know cultivating a culture of well-being improves productivity and trust. There’s always something fun happening. Your doggo can come to work, too, if (s)he’s nice.
- Our office is located in the KC Crossroads, surrounded by galleries, shops, restaurants, and cultural happenings. Artists and creatives live and work here. We’re also on the streetcar line, making the commute to work free and accessible.
- Your entire health insurance premium is paid for by Generator. We also financially support licensure to any of our unlicensed team members wanting to become licensed. 401K retirement plan with employer match is offered.
What a day in the life might look like:
- Work closely with Project Managers, Project Architects, and others to support the design process including designing, drawing, modeling, and documenting
- Impact all stages of a project, schematic through construction
- Make timely changes from review sessions
- Champion good design and advocate to maintain a healthy design culture
- Produce construction documentation that adheres to and advances the design intent and goals of the project
- Create design documentation aligned with Generator’s design philosophy
- Sometimes work independently, other times highly collaboratively with team members
This job is for you if you (are/have):
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture from a NAAB accredited institution
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- 2 or more years of experience in architectural roles
- Effective time management skills
- Proficient in Revit, Photoshop, InDesign, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Lumion is beneficial but not required
- Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively balance workload
- A commitment to design excellence
- Thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Filling this role will not be determined by experience only, we are looking for the right fit for our team
The employee performing this job must regularly be able to use a telephone, computer keyboard, and mouse, reach with hands and arms, talk, and listen. The employee frequently is required to move about an office environment and sit (often for extended periods), as well as lift and carry objects such as books and files weighing up to 15 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This job relies on teamwork and collaboration as a critical component for succeeding, so the ability to communicate effectively with others is required. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Although the job may be performed remotely on occasion (with the pre-approval of the employee’s supervisor), the work done by the person holding this position is expected to be performed regularly at the company’s office as part of the teamwork and collaboration required by this position. Travel and over-nights stays may be intermittent along with attendance to events after hours.
Essential Job Functions:
All the responsibilities, duties, and requirements contained in this job description constitute the essential functions of this job which the successful candidate must be able to perform with or without requested reasonable accommodations.
Generator Studio pays 100% of your health insurance premium.
401K retirement plan with employer match
Relocation assistance is available from within the U.S.
Years of experience: minimum 2 years
Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com to apply.